[asterisk-users] Locking phones at night...

Conrad Wood asterisk-users at conradwood.net
Tue Oct 17 13:42:37 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-18 at 08:55 +1300, Hadley Rich wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 October 2006 05:47, Conrad Wood wrote:
> > To do something similar, I created a dialplan extension that - if
> > dialled - creates a file on the server. If dialled again, it removes the
> > file again.
> > Then, in the context of the phone I check for existence of that file and
> > if it exists I play a busy signal and hangup. (Of course, unless the
> > extension to re-enable it is dialled ;) ).
> > Additionally, I ask the user for a password to lock/unlock it.
>
> This is a good use for the AstDB

Sure is,  but files in the filesystem are easier to process from
external (non-asterisk) programs. In my case, I have a web interface
that locks/unlocks phones too.
I find it most convenient  to use 'ls' to look up the current status of
stuff.
Obviously for performance and elegance the astdb is superior.

Conrad