[asterisk-users] what hardware and is it possible

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 07:09:10 MST 2006

Hi Ady -

> Imagine i want to create application like SMS Alert, however it's a call alert
> when something happened, for example server is crashed, i want
> to call 100 of my staff (administrator, manager, and others) using
> asterix, when they pick up
> their phone, my asterix will play an audio file
>
> Is it possible?

Yes.  For more information:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+auto-dial+out

> what is the correct hardware for this?

Any modern Linux, BSD (including OS X), or Solaris compatible computer
to run asterisk.

If you are using an ITSP (VoIP provider) you don't need any other
hardware than your network card.

If you have a PSTN phone connection, at the very least you'll need a
card (like Digium, Sangoma, Rhino, etc), or an external gateway (like
linksys, dlink, mediatrix, etc).

- Noah