[asterisk-users] Help with Dialplan Rules Please!

Chris Ramsey asteriskblog at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 07:02:37 MST 2006

This was posted at The Asterisk Blog Forums <http://asteriskblog.com/forum/>

Click here for the original
post.<http://asteriskblog.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20>

I need someone to explain how the dialplan rules work? I'm having a hard
time getting it. I know that to dial out you need a 9 and to ignore that 9
once your out... requires a switch of sorts that tells asterisk to ignore
the first digit on the left.

In freePBX it's this:
9|NXXXXXX

For Long distance it is
9|1NXXNXXXXXX

Here is my problem using Free PBX:

I want to be able to dial long distance and local at will while using free
PBX to set it up. Right now we have 1 line for testing purposes and soon to
be expanded into 2.

When the rules are arranged like this in FreePBX
9|1NXXNXXXXXX
9|NXXXXXX

the long distance portion works but the local one does not.

When its arranged like this

9|NXXXXXX
9|1NXXNXXXXXX

They both work!

But the above is only done when it's hard coded into the configuration file
(additional_extensions.conf) and free PBX always puts it in this order...
wether I like it or not.

9|1NXXNXXXXXX
9|NXXXXXX

And causes problems in the configuration file when and I change the
settings. This isn't going to help me much!

Im just a tad bit confused.

A Little help here?

--
www.AsteriskBlog.com
Your home for easy to learn Asterisk stuff.