[asterisk-users] Monitor stops recording midstream?

Conrad Wood asterisk-users at conradwood.net
Tue Oct 17 01:33:34 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 08:00 -0500, Tim Connolly wrote:
>     Asterisk SVN-trunk-r7230 built by root @ pbx01.timsnet.com on a i686
> running Linux on 2006-06-17
>
>     When I used monitor, I seem to get most calls cut off if they run
> very long. Sometimes two minutes, sometimes 5 or 15.. Seems random. Any
> ideas what might kill the recording process? I'm beginning to wonder if
> soxmix is truncating the file when it blends the in/outbound streams
> together due to bad data or something.

Same here. I have kept the original wav files from asterisk to check
wether it is sox that truncates it and can confirm it is not sox but
asterisk cutting them off.
There also appears to be a timing problem, because left+right channel
become out-of-sync. This is even in the wav files created by asterisk -
before I run them through sox.
I didn't spend more time on it because it's only a nuisance not a big
problem for us,  but now at least you know you're not alone ;)

Conrad