[asterisk-users] Why is this happening?

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Mon Oct 16 13:59:29 MST 2006

On 16 Oct 2006, at 20:43, Matt wrote:

> In my IAX config file I have:
> [general]
> bindport = 4569           ; Port to bind to (IAX is 4569)
> bindaddr = 0.0.0.0    ; Address to bind to (all addresses on machine)
> delayreject=yes
> disallow=all
> allow=ulaw
> allow=gsm
> jitterbuffer=yes
> forcejitterbuffer=yes
> mailboxdetail=yes
> dropcount=3
> minexcessbuffer=80
> jittershrinkrate=1
> notransfer=yes
>

> allanrobertson-  209.23.224.97   (D)  255.255.255.255
> 1207          OK (33 ms)
>
> Why is it running on port 1207?

I'm guessing here, since you haven't told us where you ran the
command to generate that line
or what the command was, but it was probably
iax2 show peers
on your local machine.
This then tells you about the status of the peers (and friends) in
iax.conf

It tells you what your local asterisk sees. So it is telling you that
the _far_ asterisk
that has registered as peer allanrobertson from ipaddress
209.23.224.97 on port 1207.

The port number may not be 4569 because :
	1) it isn't asterisk at the far end - iaxclients (like ours) may use
any port to connect.
	2) the remote asterisk is on 4569 but there is a nat/port mapping
router
		in-between
	3) the remote asterisk has been configured to use 1207 (unlikely)

Tim Panton

www.mexuar.com