[asterisk-users] two SIP phones as one line

Marc Heckmann mh at nadir.org
Sat Oct 14 22:53:47 MST 2006

Hi,

I am looking to replace a quirk of our old PBX system functionality with
asterisk but after searching, archives, wiki, etc.. I cannot figure out
how.

Here is what I would like to do:

PhoneA is a SIP hard phone, phoneB is an analogue phone connected to a
SIP ATA. When an incoming call comes in, I would like to ring both
phones, but if phoneA is answered first, I would like phoneB to be
answered as well and left in a "off hook" state so that when someone
picks up the receiver of phoneB, they can hear and participate in the
conversation between the calling party and phoneA.

I believe I would have to put both phones in a MeetMe conference, but
how to I "auto-answer" phoneB when phoneA has answered the call?

I suspect that this may not be possible with asterisk, but would like
confirmation of that.

Thanks in advance.

-m