[asterisk-users] Student Research - Asterisk H323 Video

Patrick g02m2469 at campus.ru.ac.za
Sat Oct 14 19:11:53 MST 2006

I am currently doing my thesis on an implementation of Video into Asterisk
using H323.

So I know that they are various mailing lists that demonstrate that SIP is
the way forward, but sometimes

It helps to use old equipment that one already owns. so I am just looking
for some simple ideas as to if possible

Provide a quick and simple method of passing video through asterisk between
2 softphones.

I currently have the following Channels installed on the various systems.

Fedora Core 2 - Asterisk-0h323 on Asterisk 1.1.00

Fedora Core 5 - Asterisk h323 on Asterisk 1.2.12

Fedora Core 5 - Asterisk h323 on Asterisk 1.2.12

Fedora Core 5 - Asterisk h323 on Asterisk 1.4.Beta 2

Just looking for any pointers and decent directions.

Thanks in advance.