[asterisk-users] Calls being disconnected across VPN

Jason Adams jadams at sumosystems.net
Fri Oct 13 14:57:09 MST 2006

Hey All,

Sometimes we are running into issues with calls randomly being
disconnected.  We have a couple of phones is in a remote office.  We
have a PIX-to-PIX VPN setup between the offices.  I know neither of
these devices provide QOS but we usually don't run into any problems.  I
notice this problem when we are in a conference call with one of the
employees at the remote office and a third party.  They are disconnected
after a minute.

Here is the error:

Chan_sip.c 11452 do_monitor: Disconnecting call 'SIP/103" for lack of
RTP activity in 61 seconds.

Any ideas?

Jason Adams
Sumo Systems