[asterisk-users] Re: E164 caller ID

sip sip at arcdiv.com
Fri Oct 13 14:55:53 MST 2006

Actually, they claim to take anything we give them. In reality, they assume a
Bellcore standard with a 1 preceding, so they take the first 10 digits after
arbitrarily dropping the first digit.

Acceptable (although not terribly useful for callbacks, since we require the
1) for 10-digit US-domestic numbers. Utterly useless for anything using a
non-Bellcore standard (EU, Asia, etc).

I do so love it when 'international' carriers play these games. It shows how
non-international they really are.

N.

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 14:59:31 -0400, Andrew Joakimsen wrote