[asterisk-users] Polycom HDVoice

Jessee J Holmes jholmes at atacomm.com
Fri Oct 13 11:01:19 MST 2006

I've played with one, but they are not available yet from Polycom (as
in shipping to distributors). They are only demoing the phones at the
moment. I'm sure if anyone has gone to any VoIP trade-show (like VON)
they would have seen and used one of these, but under Polycom
environments.

It uses the G.722 codec, this is HDVoice according to Polycom. It's
"supposed" to sound better. Under Polycom demo conditions, it does
sound better. Polycom has samples of the sound of the phones on their
website I believe so you can hear for yourself, but I'm still
skeptical of what it really will sound like until we all get the
phones in our hands and installed on our "messed up Asterisk
environments" (joke). :)

Hope that helps some.

Jessee Holmes
Atacomm / Ataractic Corporation