[asterisk-users] Psst... Top secret information: Codename Pineapple

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Oct 13 09:12:36 MST 2006

On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 09:11:29PM +0200, Olle E Johansson wrote:
[ quoting me: ]
> >Does that mean that it will make a distinction concerning the
> >difference in administrative span of control between trunks, which go
> >to the outside world, and stations, which are part of "your PBX" (even
> >though they may *be* out in the world somewhere, anyway?
> Right. To explain a bit further:
>
> * Phones = stations, regardless of where they are
> * Trunks = trunks to other SIP servers, bilateral
> * Services = services you register for, like BroadVoice, Voop or FWD.
>    (where asterisk acts as a "phone")

I would suggest that anything that carries incoming or outgoing calls
from the administrative span of control of your * server to somewhere
else ought to be a "trunk"; IE: I'm not sure what distinction you're
making between items 2 and 3.

Could you clarify?

Cheers,
-- jra

	"That's women for you; you divorce them, and 10 years later,
	  they stop having sex with you."  -- Jennifer Crusie; _Fast_Women_