[asterisk-users] How big is *your* dialplan??

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Oct 13 08:25:34 MST 2006

On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 10:02:30PM +0200, Michiel van Baak wrote:
> On Oct 12, 2006, at 2:30 AM, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> >On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 05:08:32PM -0500, Lacy Moore - Aspendora
> >wrote:
> >>   As a carrier, I would expect you to have an abundance of
> >>   redundancy, but not an SMB. SMB's don't have the money to cover
> >>   everything. That's what cellphones are for :-)
> >
> >On which topic: do *you* know who to call and what to tell them to get
> >your lead DID forwarded to your cell phone when your span (or switch)
> >goes down?
>
> Our provider simply allows us to give them a couple of numbers to
> reroute traffic to when they cant reach our asterisk. No need to
> call, it's all automagically done in their systems. I thought all
> providers offered this.

Well, the one client I have running * in production at the moment got
their T-span from Deltacom, and they didn't ask.  He didn't have all
*that* much trouble getting it accomplished, once I suggested he call
them, though.

They're considering switching to Xspedius, though, who, from their
sales package, appear to have come up in the world from about 4 years
ago when I evaluated them last, right after they rebranded from eSpire.

Cheers,
-- jra

	"That's women for you; you divorce them, and 10 years later,
	  they stop having sex with you."  -- Jennifer Crusie; _Fast_Women_