[asterisk-users] OriginateEvent reason codes.

Jan du Toit jan.du.toit at decisionworx.com
Fri Oct 13 05:23:01 MST 2006

Hi.

I'm making calls via the Manager OriginateAction. My action is set to be
async and therefore I receive originiate events. Within the originate
event that I receive there is a reason code. In the event of failure I
need to dermine why the call failed (no pickup, rejected, no such
number, circuit busy, ect) and inform the user with a meaningful
message. I assume that one is suppose to determine the failure cause by
interpreting the reason code. But the reason is always 1. If the callee
does not pickup the reason is 1, if the callee rejects the call the
reason is 1, if the number does not exist the reason is 1. If the call
was successful the reason is 4. Is this correct behaviour? Am I doing
something wrong?

What are all the different reason codes? Where can I find a list that
explains what all the different codes mean? Are they the same as the
hangup causes?
If the reason code is not meant to determine failure causes, how else
can I determine this?

Thanks. Regards, Jan.