[asterisk-users] how to play pre-recorded file in meetme conference

Barry D. Hassler Barry.Hassler at hcst.com
Thu Oct 12 23:56:39 MST 2006

GOT IT !!!

Here's what I was trying, using the admin interface...

Action: Originate
Channel: Local/8020
Application: Playback
Data: hcst/intro

I have 8020 set up as a meetme conference (and had 2 other legs
connected), and hcst/intro is a prerecorded file.

All I was missing was the context on the Channel:

Channel: Local/8020 at context

It works!

On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 19:18 +0100, Tim Panton wrote:

> On 10 Oct 2006, at 22:33, Barry D. Hassler wrote:
>
> > I was playing around with that idea myself, but I can't find a way
> > to place the call which will actually play the recording. What I'd
> > like to accomplish is that somewhere in a conference call, I'd like
> > to be able to say "let me play this recording for you...", and
> > somehow initiate it. There is no "Channel" to dial....
>
> Ah, you can use the Local channel for this sort of thing.
>
> Tim Panton
>
> www.mexuar.com

Barry D. Hassler
President