[asterisk-users] Voicemail prompts clipped when retrieving from some SIP phones

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Thu Oct 12 21:41:16 MST 2006

Hi there:

I know this has come up before. I'm having trouble finding the fix for it.

When I call into Asterisk to check voice mail, the prompt gets cut off.

Example -- on the Polycom IP 501, I press "messages"; All I hear is the
last part of the initial prompt, like so:

"assword"

So I enter my assword and listen to my messages.

The prompts for incoming calls are clipped too, but that's easy enough
to fix by adding some playback silence.

For the retrieval system, though, it's opaque.

Any ideas?

-Stephen-