[asterisk-users] Polycom IP 501 message light

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Thu Oct 12 20:55:49 MST 2006

Doug Lytle wrote:
> Stephen Bosch wrote:
>> What's the trick for getting the Polycom IP 501 message light to go on
>> when there is voicemail waiting?
>>

> Leaving a voice mail maybe?
> Without any of your voicemail.conf or sip.conf entries, it would do no
> good in guessing.

*lol*

Thanks.

As I was getting ready to post my sip.conf, I realized that the entries
necessary to make the MWI light come on were in the wrong entry.

Sorry for wasting everybody's time. I kinda regretted sending the
message after it was too late.

It works!

For those who may be browsing this message in the future, you can find
out exactly how to do it here:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Getting+MWI+on+Polycom+Phones+to+work+with+Asterisk

...and yes, the instructions do work.

-Stephen-