[asterisk-users] Problem when both Proxy-Authenticate and WWW-Authenticate is required

Morten Isaksen misak at misak.dk
Thu Oct 12 14:54:01 MST 2006

Hi!

I was experimenting with an openser server in front of my Asterisk server
and discovered this "problem".

Due to a misconfiguration the client had to authenticate it self to both the
openser (Proxy-Authenticate) and to the Asterisk (WWW-Authenticate). The
user names and passwords are the same on the openser and Asterisk server.

My Xlite client had no problem sending both Proxy-Authorization and the
Authorization header ind same SIP INVITE. But when I used my local Asterisk
to connect it dropped the Proxy-Authorization header when it was asked to
WWW-authenticate.

Is this per design? I have not checked the RFCs.

--
Morten Isaksen
http://www.misak.dk/blog/