[asterisk-users] How to send correct Caller ID on PRI

mavince at optonline.net mavince at optonline.net
Thu Oct 12 12:58:40 MST 2006

Assuming that you are in the US (don't know about elsewhere), the Calling Party Name is obtained by a database lookup performed by the PSTN switch terminating the call. Calling Party Name is the name assigned to your line or location by the phone company. You can't "send" it. You can only receive it, if the phone company has it to transmit in the FACILITY message.

Display Name is something totally different. The Display Name is the name assigned to a station behind a PBX. Enterprises will send it between corporate locations if the sites are linked by private line or a network service like AT&T's Software Defined Network (SDN). It is generally not exchanged across the PSTN.