[asterisk-users] Bridging of PRI calls

Johann Steinwendtner johann.steinwendtner at utanet.at
Thu Oct 12 11:17:29 MST 2006

Hello !

I 've some questions how bridging of ISDN calls is done.
Assume an asterisk system with a TE405 card equipped.
(PRI1 - PRI4)
An incoming ISDN call on PRI1 is transfered back to
PRI3. Unless there is DTMF detection or other things
involved, the bridging is done without Asterisk. Does
this card have a some sort of cross connection ? Does
the PCM leave the card ? Or is there some DMA magic in-
volved ?
Assume an asterisk system with two TE405 cards equipped.
An incoming ISDN call is transfered back to the second
TE405 card. Does this card have a seperate bus like H.100 ?
How is the bridging done in this scenario ?

I could not find useful information on the Product sheet,
sorry.

Best regards

Hans