[asterisk-users] Test Call Script

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Thu Oct 12 10:17:05 MST 2006

on an analog Zap PSTN channel, you have no real way of determining if
the remote side answered, because, as you discerned, it IS considered
answered as soon as asterisk opens the channel.

How about you contact another asterisk server through the PSTN, and dial
through to an extension on that remote asterisk server that, in turn,
notifies the first asterisk server maybe via the internet that it was
received?

for example, consider the following php script accessupdate.php on
primary asterisk box:

<?php
	if (!strcmp($_GET['update'], 'true'))
	{
		touch("/etc/asterisk/secondary_server_last_access");
	}
?>

then primary calls secondary box through PSTN, and through the magic of
DISA or CID or what-have-you, dials through to an extension that executes
System(wget -q -O /dev/null
http://primary-server/access_update.php?update=true)

then hangs up.  then primary server checks the last-access time of
/etc/asterisk/secondary_server_last_access to make its decision, via
cron script or bash script triggered through the dialplan subsequent to
the initial dial-out.

This is of course a very rudimentary on-the-fly thing I came up with,
but think outside the box and this may be the easiest way for you to do
what you want.

Moj

--
Mojo <mojo at horanappraisals.com>