[asterisk-users] How big is *your* dialplan??

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Oct 11 17:29:02 MST 2006

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006, C F wrote:

> I agree that if an asterisk box dies (I don't know how such a thing in
> a well controlled stable system will happen, but I guess with a bug in
> an agi it could happen, then that will be another reason not to use
> AGIs for me) you need another one to take over, but again why would it
> die to begin with?

Since an AGI executes as a separate process communicating with Asterisk
via stdin and stdout, how can an AGI kill Asterisk?

(I'm assuming Asterisk won't let the AGI "buffer overflow" a channel
variable or other string.)

Do you have an example of an AGI killing Asterisk or did you intend to say
"application?"

Thanks in advance,