[asterisk-users] Echo problems on ISDN. (mainly incoming call s)

Ron Wellsted ron at wellsted.org.uk
Wed Oct 11 15:39:11 MST 2006

Colin Anderson wrote:
> what happens when you drop your gains? use /etc/asterisk/zaptel.conf and
> fiddle with tx and rx values. Works, most of the time.

I have found that Telewest are terrible for echo.  If a one of the
endpoints is on a Telewest system, we get echo (with latency), no matter
if the other end point is via BT or Sipdiscount.  We often call or are
called by people who are on TW centrex systems and get exactly the sort
of echo you describe, it does seem to be worst on inbound calls (TW -> BT).

- --
Ron Wellsted
ron at wellsted.org.uk http://www.wellsted.org.uk
N 52.567623, W 2.137621 Linux Counter No. 202120
FWD:519961