[asterisk-users] How big is *your* dialplan??

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Wed Oct 11 14:56:12 MST 2006

I have no data to prove it, but isn't the time between failures on this type of TDM PBX equipment far better than a commodity server? Do they have any moving parts? A server has moving parts, and moving parts fail.

> I'd put good money on the VAST majority of SMB's phone
> systems NOT being
> redundant, and maybe only 60% of them being on any kind UPS,
> with maybe 25%
> of that 60% having been measured to see how long they can
> ride through.

We have our servers power supplies sourced from different plants, with a generator etc, but we aren't an SMB. :)

Doug.