[asterisk-users] GPL Softphones

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Oct 11 10:12:28 MST 2006

On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 06:23:48PM +0200, Gregory Duchatelet wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm searching for GPLed softphones. I found WengoPhone but actually not
> available for Asterisk PBX, only for Wengo network.

Have you actually tried it? Were you actually able to build it?

> I found Kiax but only
> for IAX protocol.

For which platform?

IAX: kiax, iaxcomm, mozphone

SIP: kphone, linhone, minisip, twinkle, ekiga
(Try twinkle)

Just a partial list of free phones that work on Linux.

> Did you know a good GPLed softphones which works on Windows ?

IAXcomm should. So should wengophone and mozphone.

Tzafrir Cohen         sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755          iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406          jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com     http://www.xorcom.com