[asterisk-users] RE: Welcome to the "asterisk-users" mailing list

Jessee J Holmes jholmes at atacomm.com
Wed Oct 11 07:13:26 MST 2006

I'm not saying Microsoft is the standard (they usually aren't by
FAR), but how Microsoft handles presence and interoperates with
presence on various IP phones is what Polycom calls a
"standard" (guess I should have quoted that word originally).

I believe there is some RFC for presence out there that some people
consider the "standard"; although, I'm not sure what this is...
Saying the word standard to me is like saying that someone is
"normal" ..... there is no such thing. It's normally just something
that "most" people agree on as a standard. Anyways, some of us here
at Atacomm are currently arguing with Polycom why they can't make
their phones support BOTH "methods" of handling presence, we think
that would be the simplest solution instead of just shutting out some
of the systems like Asterisk.

Jessee Holmes
Atacomm / Ataractic Corporation
www.atacomm.com