[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.2.12.1 dies after asterisk -rx and never comes up again

Remco Barendse asterisk at barendse.to
Wed Oct 11 02:25:08 MST 2006

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 09:14:55AM +0200, Remco Barendse wrote:
> > Hi list!
> >
> > I recently upgraded to FreePBX 2.1.3 although I am not sure if this has
> > something to do with it.
> >
> > I do a nightly restart of Asterisk, just in case.
>
> Why?

Sometimes the internet connection is dropped and asterisk doesn't do a dns
lookup and provider re-rest quickly enough so all calls are going out via
expensive ISDN.

Also I sometimes seem to have some trouble after re-loading FreePBX too
often I get things like extensions being marked as busy/not available.

> > = Parsing '/etc/asterisk/manager.conf': Found
> > Oct 11 01:05:01 WARNING[6546] manager.c: Unable to bind socket: Address
> > already in use
>
> Asterisk is already running.

I don't think so, asterisk -r will throw me an error that * is not
running. If * would be running I would get console I guess?

> Probably the wonders , or a misuse of- safe_asterisk.
>
> Alternatively,
>

> netstat -lntp | grep 5038

Thanks, I'll try that when the problem occurs again

Cheers!
Remco