[asterisk-users] Cisco CCM - Asterisk

Alyed Tzompa alyed.tzompa at simitel.com
Tue Oct 10 15:16:38 MST 2006

		What I want is to transfer some calls to a Cisco extension, so think I don't need to do the upgrade to CM5.

I'm I right?

Alyed

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 01:21:28PM -0500, Lacy Moore - Aspendora wrote:
> I'm begining to think this is more of a Cisco config problem than Asterisk,
> >has anyone had a similar problem??? I'm not a Cisco expert so dun't know if
> >I need to "enable" SIP messageing/reception in the Cisco.
>

> Yeah, pretty sure to enable it you're going to have to upgrade to CCM 5.  I
> could be wrong, that has been known to happen, once.

SIP trunks are supported in CM4.2 and CME 3.4 and 4.0

See the data sheet for CM4.2 here:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_data_sheet0900aecd8042402c.html

You're probably thinking of SIP endpoint functionality, which was added
in CM5.

--
Phil