[asterisk-users] How big is *your* dialplan??

Steve Murphy murf at digium.com
Tue Oct 10 14:09:11 MST 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-10 at 22:36 +0200, Anders Brander wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2006-10-10 at 14:16 -0600, Steve Murphy wrote:
> > My home system has 100 contexts, 400 total extensions, 935 total
> > priorities. My biggest
> > extension has 129 priorities... no inflation or useless cruft there,
> > either... mostly.
>
> Where do you live? In a castle?

A man's home **is** his castle! And I do have a bunch of kids here!

> 400 extensions for a home system, that is ... extreme! :-)

Not really. I have only 4 zap extensions, and two FXO lines.

The extra dialplan logic does things like recording CID in a database,
playing stuff over the speakers, saying "Happy Father's Day!" in
my greeting on the right day (among dozens of other similar greetings),
and many other gee-whiz features, which include hotel-like wake-up
calls,
festival usage, my telemarketer torture scripts, reading time and a
'fortune' (remember the fortune command in unix?), etc. etc. etc. Folks
sometimes call me up just to play with the system... ;^)

> /abrander (counting roughly 10 extension at home (including cruft and
> inflation)

Heh, heh! It's good to see that you know that the extensions I'm
referring to
are the exten => lines in your extensions.conf file! I don't think
you'll win
the prize for the biggest dialplan, but you may be in the running for
the smallest!

murf

--
Steve Murphy