[asterisk-users] Increase VoiceMail Messages Recording Gain - Audio Calls are Ok

Marco Mouta marco.mouta at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 12:17:39 MST 2006

Hi all

I'm deploying a  VoiceMailserver with Asterisk behind a legacy pbx,
providing Voicemail to email services for Lecagy PBX extensions.
On busy or unanswered calls, Legacy pbx will dial a specific DID (one per
extension) to asterisk, and the call is handled by Voicemail application.

I've several SIP extensions on this Asterisk box, and calls between Asterisk
extensions and legacy PBX are just fine, at least no complaining from users,
seems good to me:)

The problem is:
Right now, and i'm referring only to calls directly handled by VoiceMail
application, the users get their audio files in email but the audio is very
very low.
I've thought about changing RX gain on PRI interface between legacy pbx and
asterisk, but until now no complaining with audio calls.

I'm afraid that changing this parameter to solve voicemail issues will get
me in troubles with Voice Calls .

Any advice, or previous similar experience?

--
Best regards

Marco Mouta