[asterisk-users] 1.4 and slow sound playback

Bill Merriam lists at billmerriam.com
Tue Oct 10 11:31:59 MST 2006

I am testing 1.4 and am having trouble with the sound files.  The gsm
files are much larger than they used to be.  Sox (12.18.2) plays them
back really sssssllllllooooowwwwllllyyyy.  Apparently it thinks the
sampling rate is 8000. When I specify -r 48000 it play back properly.

I mention the sox behavior because Asterisk plays them back the same way
sox does, very slowly.

I am using the ulaw codec and I installed the ulaw sound files.
Asterisk still plays the sound very slowly.  I don't know if it is using
the ulaw files or gsm files.

How do I tell Asterisk to use the right sampling rate?

Bill