[asterisk-users] alive check for HA constellation

Sebastian Reitenbach itlistuser at rapideye.de
Tue Oct 10 05:03:49 MST 2006

Hi,

I have setup two asterisks with ucarp, to build a HA cluster. Everything works
fine, if one of the machines is going to die completely. But if the asterisk
software is running, but "behaving" not correctly, this cannot be detected by
the ucarp software.

I think I need a script that periodically checks the master, and if the answer
is not the expected one, the slave shall try to take over the master.
I can imagine this will work when I try to check whether I can successfully
authenticate via SIP to the asterisk. Just pipe it through netcat, and wait
for the answer. but I have the feeling that I am not the first one with that
problem, so I want to ask for more easily/robust tests to make sure the master
is running or not.

any suggestions are appreciated.

kind regards
Sebastian