[asterisk-users] isdn cross-over ...

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Mon Oct 9 11:34:57 MST 2006

On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 10:55:51AM -0500, Ejay Hire wrote:
> Hi.  A "cross-over" cable won't work, the isdn network provides signalling
> and adressing functions.
>
> When I was studying for my CCIE, an ISDN simulator cost an arm-and-a-leg,
> around $1k used from ebay.

Couldn't you put two ISDN phones on the same NT though? (one B-channel each)

One way to get an NT is to rent an ISDN BRI circuit from your PTT, although
it's not portable :-)

I haven't tested one yet, but you could have a look at the Fritz!Box Fon WLAN:
http://www.avm.de/en/

This has an ISDN S0 NT interface for plugging in an ISDN phone. If you can't
plug both phones onto it, then I guess you just buy two and point them at a
convenient local SIP server. It's cheap enough to take a punt on.

Regards,

Brian.