[asterisk-users] Re: PRI issues

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Mon Oct 9 10:03:25 MST 2006

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 12:01:02PM -0400, Doug Lytle wrote:
>
>> Yes, integrated CSU/DSU in software.  The tools provided show now errors
>> on the line.
>>

> DSU maybe.
>
> But if someone's figured out how to strip 130VDC off a copper pair and
> convert a T-span to a DSX-1 in software, tell me about it, so I can
> invest in them?
>
> Cheers,
> -- jra

 From the A102 spec sheet:

    * Available as *Single *T1/E1 port (A101) or *Dual *T1/E1 port
      (A102) with daughterboard (as shown in photograph).
    * Intelligent hardware: Downloadable Field Programmable Gate Array
      programming with multiple operating modes:
    * T1/E1 and fractional T1/E1, single channel HDLC per line
    * Power: 520mA at +5v
    * PCI 32 bit (5v and 64 bit (3.3v) compatible.
    * Temperature range: 0 - 45C.
    * All set-up and configuration is in software or by machine BIOS.
    * DSU/CSU set up entirely in software.
    * Line decoding: HDB3, AMI, B8ZS.
    * Framing: CRC4, non-CRC4, ESF, D4.
    * Clocking mode: Normal , Master.
    * Software controlled DSU/CSU test modes.
    * Remote monitoring of card and CSU/DSU operation.
    * Dimensions: 2U Form factor: 120mm x 55 mm.

--

Ben Franklin quote: