[asterisk-users] Polycom 601 & Expansion Module: Light the LEDs???

Faris Raouf asterisk at raouf.net
Mon Oct 9 09:57:45 MST 2006

Doug wrote:
> Hey Folks,
>
> Been wrestling with the 601 and the expansion module.  Finally
> figured out how to populate both with speed dial entries.  Also
> "hints" are showing in Asterisk with the "show hints" command.
>
> But how do I get the LEDs to light when one of these other
> extensions is either off-hook, or ringing.
>
> Reading the 'Net and Polycom's documentation doesn't give
> a clear solution.  Is there a genius out there who has this
> working??
>
> Please help!!!

I can't help with the extension module, but on the phone itself...I
can't quite remember exactly what you do but the trick is NOT to have
"lines" programmed for all the line key "buttons" on the phone itself.
Any free line key buttons will then get populated by the speed dials,
and the respective LEDs will show the status of those speed dials
(assuming the corresponding hints are correctly configured in asterisk)

You also have to enable to buddy feature on the phone itself using the
XML config file. I think that part at least is documented somewhere.

Search the mailing list for "polycom buddy" or "polycom hints" or
similar and you will find more detailed instructions and a cry for
similar help from me six months to a year or so ago.

My problem was that I had defined all the line keys as lines, and
freeing up those solved the issue.

Faris.