[asterisk-users] Sun Cluster and Asterisk

Giedrius Augys voipas at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 02:54:39 MST 2006

Hi,
 I'm very interesting in high availability sollutions for ASTERISK. And I
know that big companies are using SOLARIS (and I think SUN CLUSTER) for
their VoIP gateways. Solaris and Sun Cluster are both free, of course you
must pay if you want support. But I have read in FAQ this:
*Can i install Asterisk on a beowulf cluster?* A cluster can't migrate
threads that use shared memory. Asterisk uses that kind of threads.So no,
Asterisk wouldn't work on a cluster. (It might be helpful to know whether
anyone has a working load-balanced Asterisk configuration where multiple
systems can share the load of an Asterisk environment (IAX2, not SIP) and
whether this environment would fail over nicely in the event of downtime!) So
my question is: has somebody built asterisk in solaris(from source ) and
using Sun Cluster?