[asterisk-users] Xorcom Astribank and 64 bit linux

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Oct 8 01:07:28 MST 2006

On Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 04:15:35PM -0500, Carlos Chavez wrote:
>      DOes anyone know if you can use an Astribank usb channelbank with a 64
> bit linux distribution like CentOs?  I saw a note that the driver is only
> built when you have an i386 processor and a kernel>= 2.6.10

Actually this has been changed to "and also if arch is amd64 and kernel
version >= 2.6.10" .

> but it does not
> mention if you can build it manually for other architecture/kernel.

The Astribank drivers work just fine on my workstation:

Linux frenkel 2.6.15-1-amd64-k8 #2 Tue Mar 7 20:57:25 UTC 2006 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Should work fine on amd64 in general.

There is one expected build problem with recent RHEL kernel which I have
not been able to work around in a decent manner:

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2006-September/023329.html

Thus you'll probably need manual patching of the tarball.

Alternatively, try rebuilding
http://updates.xorcom.com/trixbox/zaptel-1.2.8-2.xpp.r2223.src.rpm

Tzafrir Cohen         sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755          iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com