[asterisk-users] SIP stuck channel soft hangup?

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Sat Oct 7 01:51:23 MST 2006

I am seeing occasional stuck SIP channels that seem to occur when the
fricking Nokia E60 drifts out of WIFI range in the midst of a call.

This is particularly annoying when the stuck channels include my PSTN
gateway (wellgate 3701a), which leaves incoming and outgoing calls a
busy signal.

I see by googling that soft hangup is a good way to kill these channels
and that works fine for me.

I wonder if there is some way to automatically soft hangup these
channels when the qualify fails?

Any ideas on how to automate and or fix this issue?

Thanks,
Marty