[asterisk-users] pop a web page with DID in url

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Fri Oct 6 11:10:42 MST 2006

On 5 Oct 2006, at 20:43, Time Bandit wrote:

>> I'm looking to do this.
>> When a call comes in to an agent in a queue, pop a web page like this
>> http://www.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/script.cgi?did=9529005555
>> Where did is the number the caller dialed to reach the system in the
>> first place.
>>
>> I know Hudlite can do this we caller ID, but the DID feature is not
>> there yet.
>>
>> Does anyone have any other software they know of that can do this?
>
> Some softphones support handling URL when you pickup the call. You can
> set that URL to anything you want from the dialplan. <shameless-plug>
> My MediaX softphone (current beta version) support it. Let me know if
> you want to try it </shameless-plug>

Evn more shameless plug:-)
Ours supports it on _ring_ which means you can see who it is calling
_before_ you pick up!

It also allows you to pick up on a hardphone but have the softphone
drive your web
experience.

I think the asterisk-java guys have a server side solution where you
embed
a javascript/AJAX thing in your web page and it polls a servlet -
which in
turn listens for manager events. - Nothing to install on the client
side.

I'm sure you can do the same trick in other (web)serverside languages.

Tim.