[asterisk-users] regexten & regcontext broken for SIP?

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Oct 6 17:16:37 MST 2006

Hi ho,

is there anyone out here that is making use of the regcontext and
regexten settings in sip.conf? I've tried this on two Asterisk boxes
(1.2.10 and 1.2.12.1) and in both cases I don't see the Noop priority 1
being created upon SIP client registration, "show dialplan xxx" reveals
no change.

And yes, I have also read and checked bug 7144; if I go down that route
and no SIP client is registered I get a CLI warning that my standard
context tries to include an empty context - go figure...
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=7144

So, do I need to file a bug report, or is it working OK for others?

Cheers, Philipp

P.S.: Of course I am aware of this Wiki page:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+sip+regcontext