[asterisk-users] Asterisk RT on Disk On Module Performance and Durability

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Fri Oct 6 12:51:36 MST 2006

Kristian Kielhofner wrote:

> Erick,
>
>     Or....  Just use AstLinux which kind of does what Jeremy described :)
>
> http://www.astlinux.org
>

> P.S. - I am the creator of AstLinux
>
> --
> Kristian Kielhofner

	Sorry to reply to my own post, but there seems to have been some
confusion in what I said here.  To completely clear it up, Astlinux only
writes to flash in these circumstances:

1)  You update the configs.

2)  You update AstLinux.

3)  You are using voicemail and people leave voicemail. (most flash
seems to last "long enough" given typical voicemail usage patterns)

4)  If you have the PERSISTLOG option enabled, I will save syslogs to
flash (not RAM - the default).  Users are warned about this, and it is
not the default.

5)  astdb is stored in flash, so depending on your needs, SIP
registrations and/or dundi keys may get written here periodically.  I
might make an option similar to PERSISTLOG to disable this.

	Also, you have the option of using a hard drive or alternate flash
device for ALL writes.  Boot from flash, run from HD.  Do whatever works
best for you and your application.

--
Kristian Kielhofner