[asterisk-users] Asterisk Hangups on PRI Interface

Giorgio Incantalupo gincantalupo at fgasoftware.com
Fri Oct 6 07:43:07 MST 2006

Hi Vicente,
I solved my problem and now the PBX I set up can make and receive calls
without any problem using Telecom (Italy) PRI lines.
My zapata.conf is:

context = telco_zap
group = 1
immediate = no
internationalprefix = 00
language = us
nationalprefix = 0
pridialplan = unknown
prilocaldialplan = unknown
priindication = inband
resetinterval = never
signalling = pri_cpe
switchtype = national
usecallerid = yes
callerid = asreceived
overlapdial=yes
relaxdtmf=yes
usedistinctiveringdetection=yes
channel => 1-15,17-31

for channels connecting Asterisk to telco lines and

context = legacy_zap
group = 2
immediate = no
language = us
priindication = inband
resetinterval = never
signalling = pri_net
switchtype = euroisdn
callerid = asreceived
relaxdtmf=yes
overlapdial=yes ; yes is mandatory
usedistinctiveringdetection=yes
channel => 32-46,48-62

for channels connecting Asterisk to legacy PBX.
I noticed that overlap dial set to no couldn't make me call some old pbx.

Hope this configuration may help.

Giorgio Incantalupo