[asterisk-users] Re: PoE IP Phone

Tech Support techsupport at peachnet.com
Fri Oct 6 04:46:21 MST 2006

No - at least not that I've been able to figure out. These phone's were made
to be used with Cisco's Call manager software (Skinny?) and the SIP firmware
doesn't seem to allow this. Softkey buttons (like hold, transfer,
conference), seem to be static and you can't change them. You could always
use asterisk feature codes of course (like *68, etc).

There could be options that I've overlooked but the softkeys seem to be
fixed.

There IS a row of "Line Appearance" buttons on the side which you can either
program as a line or as a speed dial. Unfortunately I haven't found a way to
program the speeddials via tftp either. I've had to manually go in and
program speed dials on each phone.

I have heard that the 7970 is much more configurable via XML files. I don't
know if this is true or not and I don't know how this phone compares to the
7960