[asterisk-users] No Dialtone

Eddie Johnson Jr ilo at ilo-infosystems.us
Thu Oct 5 18:31:37 MST 2006

Hello,

I have the following setup:

1. Ubuntu Dapper Server 6.06 plus latest patches

2. Asterisk 1.2.11

3. libpri 1.2.3

4. Zaptel 1.2.8

5. Digium TDM22 (TDM400P)

6. Analog phone plugged in port 3

7. The wctdm, zaptel modules load at startup, I type asterisk as root and

it is activated.

8. I check the Channel Map and I have the following:

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)

Channel 02: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 02)

Channel 03: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 03)

Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 04)

4 channels configured.

I can ssh into the server and remotely connect to the server. Great! The
card is not connected to an outside line as of yet but I have no dialtone on
the phone. I spoke with a rep. at digium and was told a dialtone should be
there.

Zaptel.conf :

loadzone=us

defaultzone=us

fxoks=1,2

fxsks=3,4

Zapata.conf:

;FXS Modules

signalling=fxo_ks

channel => 1,2

;

;FXO Modules

signalling=fxs_ks

channel => 3,4

I made sure the card is not sharing an IRQ, I checked the hard drive and all
is well.  I load zttool and get the following:

cat /proc/zaptel/*

Span 1: WCTDM/0 "Wildcard TDM400P REV I Board 1"

1 WCTDM/0/0

2 WCTDM/0/1

3 WCTDM/0/2

4 WCTDM/0/3