[asterisk-users] OT: Polycom time sync - sorta

Dave Fullerton dfullertasterisk at shorelinecontainer.com
Thu Oct 5 11:27:06 MST 2006

Greetings

I have a couple polycom phones (501 and 601) I'm messing around with and
I've noticed something weird. Both phones synchronize their clocks to a
central NTP server here on our network and both phones are 11 seconds
slow. All of our servers, switches, routers and PCs also sync to this
time source and are spot on. Even the budgetone 101 is spot on. Has
anyone else experienced this? I know I'm being anal retentive but it's
driving me nuts.

The phone is getting it's sntp server and offset settings via DHCP and
they show correct on the phone. The phone is running v1.6.7 firmware.

Thanks

-Dave