[asterisk-users] TNT Max Password reset

Ejay Hire Ehire at cbrweb.com
Thu Oct 5 10:22:51 MST 2006

The procedure you want is called the nimdy/nindy procedure, and the
authoratative source is the "Book of nindy."  If I remember right, you
can find it and the current software releases on ftp://ftp.ascend.com

I used these units at an ISP for a long time, and they are okay.  If
they are installed remotely, you should check the fans once or twice a
year.  they seem to fail more frequently than normal equipment.  If all
three of the fans fail it will let the smoke out.  Also, they didn't
take it well when the blaster worm hit, and Lucent did not distribute
the fix to anyone without an active support contract.  (a $8,000 support
contract on a box you can get from eBay for < 500!)  They do have enough
community support that we figured it out, an obscure setting that lets
you turn off the equivalent of route caching.

-Ejay