[asterisk-users] Extremely choppy sound on some of ourPOTSnetwork calls; goes away with mute

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 08:25:52 MST 2006

> Well I am using GSM as my main codec which seems to be > very nice…

Polycom phones do not support GSM (GSM would not be necessary here
anyway, since all these phones are on a local LAN, so bandwidth does
not need to be conserved).

> You can also change some settings in the zapta and zaptel
> config.. to reduce
> echo and interference on the line..

This is the most important thing here - what does your zapata.conf look like?

Other things:
1. Update asterisk to a newer version.  There have been MANY bugs that
have been fixed since 1.2.4.
2. Update zaptel to a newer version.  Not much has changed for the TDM
cards since 1.2.7, but you should update anyway.

- Noah