[asterisk-users] Re: extensions.conf strangeness

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Thu Oct 5 03:12:56 MST 2006

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 12:20:40AM -0700, Martin Joseph wrote:
> >Are there any debug tools which can show the "thought process" as a
> >dial-plan is processed - for example, what patterns are tried and in what
> >order?
>
> You can say show dialplan from the command line...
>
> Don't know if this helps?

Well, it shows each context as a separate list of tests, which at least
gives me the sort order. But that still doesn't explain why context A which
includes W,X,Y,Z behaves differently from context B which also includes
W,X,Y,Z

Is there a debug mode which can say:

"dialplan: trying to match 611 against pattern _1XXXXX: failed
 dialplan: trying to match 611 against pattern _2XXXXX: failed
 dialplan: trying to match 611 against pattern _6X.: matched"

?

Cheers,

Brian.