[asterisk-users] snom 360: how to make record button working ?

Remco Barendse asterisk at barendse.to
Thu Oct 5 00:53:04 MST 2006

On Thu, 5 Oct 2006, Joel Hill wrote:

> No worries. Good question, I wasn't sure so I just tested it and it seems that
> the answer is yes it does send the tones to the other side.
> Can I ask why this would matter, I think there could be legal implications of
> recording a call and not notifying the other party. That's why you always get
> the message
> "This call may be monitored for training and coaching purposes....." Etc..

AFAIK in The Netherlands there is no law to obligatory tell the other
party that the conversation is / will be recorded, banks do it as a
standard procedure for example when you are placing forex orders. I think
even insurance companies do the same when you call in to report a
claim/damage.

With audible DTMF tones this function is basically unusable for our
purposes.

With the recording function already being implemented in * I guess it
would be trivial to get it working with the SIP info message as well? (Or
maybe it is intentional behaviour that it will only work out of the box
with audible DTMF tones)

Cheers!
Remco