[asterisk-users] digium compatibility notes

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 11:17:22 MST 2006

Hi Marek -

> what is mean by "partially incompatible" in
> http://www.digium.com/en/docs/misc/compatibility_notes.php
>
> i have server with E7221+te110p mobo and i think i dont have any problems

You might want to ask Digium directly, but this generally means that
there's something on the server/motherboard/chipset that will
interfere with the 1000 interrupts/sec that the Digium cards require.
This can cause audio problems in your calls.  I know for some of the
servers and motherboards listed that if you just change the network
card setup, everything will work fine.

I have a Digium card on a server that is listed as incompatible, and
the problems were so minor that I didn't even notice them for quite
some time.  The fix was as easy as moving the Digium card to another
PCI slot.

For just a chipset, I don't know if there's anything you could adjust
to fix things, but if things are working for you to your satisfaction,
I wouldn't worry about it too much.

- Noah