[asterisk-users] IVR for the called part (IVR inside out)

whois wes whoiswes at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 09:05:13 MST 2006

Look at using the 'M' flag for the dial command - if you set up a
macro that requires a keypress, and call that macro from the Dial
command, you can force asterisk to only bridge the two call legs if
you hit something on your phone....

see here, and pay attention to the 'Dial macros' blurb.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+Dial

we use this exact method to ensure that our after-hours helpdesk calls
are answered by a live person and not our mobile voicemailboxes -
works like a charm.

wes